Scott L. Silver
Toll Free: 800.975.4345
11780 W Sample Rd
Coral Springs, Florida 33065
Scott L. Silver is the managing partner of Silver Law Group, a nationally-recognized securities and investment fraud law firm. We are passionate investor advocates for victims of Wall Street malfeasance and routinely represent SEC Whistleblowers who are aware of violations of the federal securities laws. Since the inception of the SEC Whistleblower Program, we have been leaders in the field and represent multiple SEC whistleblowers. We speak frequently on the topic at industry conferences, law schools and elsewhere and frequently write about the SEC whistleblower program and how to best maximize an award. For example, in 2020, Scott Silver’s client was awarded $1,800,000 for reporting Morgan Stanley to the SEC relating to an investment program sold to retail investors.
Scott focuses his law practice on SEC whistleblower claims and securities and investment fraud litigation. Scott maintains a close working relationship with regulators, receivers and others as his counsel is frequently sought by victims of Ponzi schemes relating to the recovery of investor losses.
Scott holds a Martindale Hubbell Preeminent “AV” Rating, which is given for general ethical standards and legal ability. Mr. Silver frequently speaks at national trial lawyer conferences, law schools, and community events about investment fraud matters and avoiding the “wolves” of Wall Street. Ranked as a Superlawyer for the last several years, Scott is proud to have served as the chairman of the securities and financial fraud group of the American Association of Justice for the past decade where he has presented multiple times on issues relating to the SEC whistleblower program and recovering investor funds. In 2022, Scott presented at the AAJ Convention on Recovering Money from Ponzi Schemes. The presentation focused on three key areas – reporting frauds to the SEC Whistleblower office, class actions against third party professionals and FINRA arbitration claims against the selling financial advisors.
Initially from New York, Scott graduated from the University of Miami, School of Law in 1996 and joined Gusrae Kaplan, a Wall Street law firm that was founded by a former Chief Attorney of the SEC’s Division of Enforcement and specializes in the defense of brokerage firms in FINRA, SEC, NYSE, and court matters. While working at Gusrae Kaplan, Scott learned the strategies employed by brokerage firms to defend against investor claims.
In April 2011, Silver Law Group was formed with a team of litigators, all with experience in the securities industry. Scott still maintains strong ties to New York and regularly represents investors in and around New York. Silver Law Group has offices in New York and Florida.
In 2015, shortly after the creation of the SEC Whistleblower program, Scott Silver formed a strategic alliance with David Chase to jointly represent SEC Whistleblowers. Forming a dedicated practice to this area of law allows us to represent insiders, victims, and professional analysts as whistleblowers to the SEC. By providing deep analysis of claims, ongoing investigation and support of SEC whistleblowers and a detailed comprehensive understanding of SEC Rules and practices, Scott and his team are able to offer their clients top legal representation before the SEC for recovery of an SEC whistleblower award.
Scott frequently contributes to various publications and has authored numerous articles relating to securities and investment fraud, and recently wrote a widely accepted primer on the SEC’s Whistleblower program.Professional Recognition
- Florida Super Lawyers 2009, 2021, 2022, 2023
- “AV”® Preeminent™ rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Co-chair for the American Association for Justice (“AAJ”) Securities Litigation Group 2012-2023
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators® 2021, 2022
- Legal Elite” by Florida Trend Magazine 2010, 2011
- Daily Business Review’s Most Effective Securities Lawyer 2009
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Club
- Scott Silver is a featured speaker at AAJ’s Hot Topics in Business Torts seminar
- Florida Justice Association 2015 Seminar – Business Torts speaker on the ABC’s of FINRA arbitration
J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1996
B.A., State University of New York at Albany, 1993
New York Bar, 1997
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1997
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1997
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2002
American Association of Justice
Chairman of the Securities Committee
Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- AV® Preeminent™ Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite, 2010-2011
- Florida Super Lawyer, 2009, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Daily Business Review, Most Effective Lawyer in Securities Litigation, 2009
- Member, CLI Securities Exchange Commission, 1995-1996
Scott Silver, managing partner of Silver Law Group, regularly speaks to legal and other groups about how to avoid being a victim of investment fraud and other topics. Please contact Scott's office at 954-755-4799 if you would like him to speak to your group.
- Scott Silver Presents at the 2022 AAJ Convention on Recovering Money From Ponzi Schemes
In July 2022, Scott Silver delivered a presentation on recovering money from ponzi schemes at the AAJ annual convention. The presentation focused on three key areas – reporting frauds to the SEC Whistleblower office, class actions against third party professionals and FINRA arbitration claims against the selling financial advisors.
- Scott Silver Presents At 2019 PIABA Meeting On Variable Annuity Fraud
In October, 2019, Scott Silver delivered a presentation on variable annuity fraud at the 28th PIABA annual meeting in Austin, Texas. The speech dealt with how arbitration cases can be won to recover losses from unsuitable annuity and life insurance recommendations.
- Scott Silver Presents At South Florida Interactive Marketers Association (SFIMA)
On November 7, 2019, Scott Silver, managing partner of Silver Law Group, and Jay Berkowitz, CEO and founder of marketing agency Ten Golden Rules, delivered a presentation to members of the South Florida Interactive Marketers Association (SFIMA) in Pompano Beach, Florida. Scott and Jay's entertaining and informative presentation addressed how Silver Law Group and Ten Golden Rules have used digital marketing to reach potential clients.
- Scott Silver Presents "How to Win an Alternative Investment Case" at the 2014 American Association of Justice Annual Convention
On July 28, 2014, during the 2014 AAJ Annual Convention in Baltimore, Maryland, Scott gave a well-received presentation titled "How to Win an Alternative Investment Case." AAJ is the world's largest trial bar and promotes justice and fairness for injured persons and safeguards victims' rights. The theme of the presentation focused on the rise of Alternative Investment or Product cases over the last several years.
- SEC Whistleblower Incentives Under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform Act, 18 PIABA Bar Journal 169 (2011)
- Brokerage Firms' Liability When They Fail To Warn About Bad Brokers, PLI Securities Arbitration, Vol. 1 at Pg. 437 (Aug. 2009)
- Non-Customer ‘Customers’ and Compulsory NASD Arbitration, PLI Securities Arbitration, Vol. 1 at Pg. 601 (Aug. 2002)
- Understanding Securities Arbitration, American Association for Justice Trial Magazine (April 2015)